Division: ZeniMax Online Studios | Department: Programming |
Hunt Valley , MD, US
ZeniMax Online Studios is seeking a Server Engineer. This individual will be working closely with game designers to implement and iterate on game features for our current title as well as partnering with our other ZMI Studios. Development will be done primarily in C++ with knowledge of client/server systems required.
- Implement low level backend systems for online multiplayer games
- Work directly with messaging and database frameworks to provide base level functionality for feature development
- Maintain backend systems as project goals mature and change
- Act as a responder to issues in the live environment as needed
- Troubleshoot and respond to internal server issues as needed
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working in a programmer capacity
- 2+ years professional programming experience using C++
- Game industry experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Comfortable working within a team environment that encourages software engineering, technical design documentation, coding standards and code reviews
- Experience with network/server programming
- Experience with Linux development
- SQL/Database experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with teammates is essential
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal direct supervision
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.