Senior Prop Artist
This is a full-time, on-site position in our development studio located just outside of Dallas, TX.
id Software is seeking a Senior Prop Artist to join our team in making AAA games. This position assumes a prominent position on the team, helping to create and set visual bar for industry leading props, environments, vehicles, and weapons.
- Work closely with Leads to set standards for assets and asset creation.
- Solid experience in weapon creation, (from high resolution and low poly modeling to UV and texture creation), as well as props, worldbuilding/environments, and vehicles.
- Ability to work from concept art and adapt to new and evolving toolsets.
- Communicate and problem solve to ensure your work finishes on time, while elevating any scope issues to managers.
- Collaborate with team members and leads to evaluate and improve workflows to meet the goals of the project.
- Work closely with team members and contribute to a healthy workplace and working conditions
- Mentor team members through collaborative feedback and by setting the example through the quality of your work.
- At least one first person AAA title shipped as a Senior Artist or equivalent experience
- Hard skills – Fluent in 3d modeling packages (ex: Modo, Max, Maya, Z-brush, etc...) Fluent in texture creation packages (ex: substance painter/designer or comparable software) Expert knowledge of Hard surface and organic modeling techniques
- Experience – 4 years of experience in asset and texture creation using AAA game engine(s) and or 1 shipped AAA projects.
- Soft skills – Values and practices professionalism.
- Team skills – Value the game direction and makes decisions based on what is best for the project.
- Interest in games in general and an understanding of the current industry quality.
- General knowledge of or experience with traditional art practices.
- Interests in the technical side of the videogame industry and understanding tech advancements.
- Console development experience
Senior Weapon/Prop Artist - The typical base pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $75,000 - $165,000 per year.
ZeniMax has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay across the U.S. for this role; the applicable base pay range will depend on what ultimately is determined to be the candidate’s primary work location. Individual base pay depends on various factors, in addition to primary work location, such as complexity and responsibility of role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time.
At ZeniMax certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, such as merit increases and discretionary bonuses. These awards are allocated based on individual performance and are not guaranteed. Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of employment with ZeniMax and the country work location. U.S.-based employees have access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid vacation time, paid sick and mental health time, and several paid holidays, among others.
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.