Build & Release Manager
Arkane Studios is one of the most renowned development studios in the video game industry. Founded in 1999, the studio is owned by ZeniMax Media and Microsoft XBox. Arkane is known for its creative worlds and first-person action games, including the Dishonored and Prey franchises, which have won multiple "Game of the Year" awards. Our newest title Deathloop released on September 14, 2021, for PlayStation 5 and PC is another hit!
Joining Arkane Lyon is an opportunity to collaborate and evolve with a passionate and talented team, on cutting-edge technologies and innovative games, and in a stimulating and welcoming work environment. The studio is located in the Lyon Confluence district, a place of greenery, sports, gastronomy and music.
Build Process Management
- Make sure the automated building system is working as expected
- Tackle and report any issue that would block or slow down the building process in general and more specifically the CIS system
- Coordinate with the appropriate people to fix any issues, which could prevent the build to succeed.
- Participate to the build validation process in coordination with the Lead QA, producers and Tech Director
- Coordinate code and content propagation through our version control software.
- Coordinate with the QA team to define the testing priorities and schedule (engine/tools, feature, version, platform, language ...)
- Propose improvements of the building process and coordinate their implementation
- Promote best practices of our internal tools (CIS, crash reports, build deployment tools...) to the whole development team.
- Communicate to the team when a new build is available
- Write and communicate Build Notes
- Make sure the builds are archived properly
- Assist the team and external partners ( external QA, marketing,..) in the deployment of the builds on their PCs and development kits
- Make sure the users can play the builds on their dev kits or test kits ( firmware update, activation, users support)
- Write and maintain documentation regarding the building process
- Assist in the delivery of the game (masters) to the Hardware manufacturers (Sony, Microsoft) and distributors (Steam)
- Strong knowledge of version control software (Perforce would be a plus)
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
- Good understanding of network and computer systems
- Knowledge of a Windows environment
- Basic knowledge of object oriented programming
- Knowledge of current game consoles and PC platforms
- Participation in a complete production cycle
- Good English skills
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.