Product Marketing Manager, GSA
Bethesda Softworks is a worldwide publisher of global renown. With an enviable roster of the most ambitious, lauded and beloved series, the company straddles genres and boasts open-world classics, post-apocalyptic epics, ongoing online sagas and stunning action titles within its portfolio. Part of theZeniMax Media Inc. family of companies, Bethesda Softworks titles include instantly recognisable blockbusters such as The Elder Scrolls®, DOOM®, QUAKE®, Fallout®, Wolfenstein®, Dishonored®, DeathLoop®, Ghostwire: Tokyo, Prey® and RAGE®.
The Product Marketing Manager will support the local strategy and deliver marketing execution plans for Bethesda’s games portfolio in the local market. As a Product Marketing Manager, you will own the goal of driving brand awareness, consideration and purchase intent of our products and both retaining and boosting revenue from our customer base throughout the full product lifecycle. You will work closely with your regional counterparts and the local marketing team to build a marketing approach for the local market based on global product strategies.
Key Priorities - Proactively manage the success of your assigned products:
- Product management – Contribute in creating PAL marketing plans by providing input for the GSA territory
- Campaign management – Build local product marketing plans following guidance from global marketing plan and report back to ZEL and US HQs
- Media management – Transfer strategic central media briefings into local relevant tactics and channels
- Insights and reporting – identify key audience insights to take advantage of and to improve the commercial performance of your product. Manage the reporting of the effectiveness of our campaigns at a local level
- Budget management – ensure our product marketing campaigns remain on-budget, while actively making recommendations on how best to optimise our profit margins through adaptations to our campaign approach
Research, strategy, and insight
- Synthesise global marketing strategies into a local marketing approach for your local territory, working with the regional team to ensure plans remain aligned with our global go-to-market plan
- Identify and get under the skin of our target audiences in the territory; understanding what their motivators are and connecting those with our core product value propositions
- Support the Marketing Director’s communications with both the regional and global teams to ensure local analysis and planning is effectively communicated and in line with global objectives for each product
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitor’s activities to identify opportunities and key issues for the market working with the wider local team
- Recommend new ways to both message and target our target audience based on key insights that we have identified about their motivations to play games and their purchase behaviour
- Execute marketing plans that drive demand, retention and revenue for Bethesda products – working closely with the company’s media agencies and effectively evangelize big ideas
- Project manage key initiatives in your local market, working with the regional brand/PR/community teams and external stakeholders to ensure success
- Support the creation of assets for the product campaigns you manage; working with the regional HQ team, the global team and any agency partners to ensure high quality and strategically-relevant creative is produced for your local marketing campaign
- Where appropriate, take responsibility for ensuring our communication is localised to the optimum quality, working with the Localization and regional marketing teams to deliver these in a timely manner
- Develop high-impact ideas to help further the reach of our IP into new/high value audience groups, working with other disciplines (PR, community, sales, performance) as and when appropriate
- Work with other disciplines such as Legal and Finance to ensure any activation ideas fall in line with legal requirements and company policy
- Advise the international legal team on identified local issues and liaise with the local lawyers and the youth protection authorities (e.g. USK/BjKA/PEGI).
Budgeting, Forecasting & Reporting
- Monitor project KPIs and recommend methods to meet or exceed our forecasted targets
- Manage marketing budget allocations and agency partners to deliver on go to market plans for titles within your portfolio
- Support the Marketing Director to deliver regular reporting on campaign performance
- Deliver joint marketing initiatives alongside your colleagues in PR, Community, Sales and Performance Marketing
External communications and events
- Support the Marketing Director to identify and establish partnership opportunities locally with various industry partners and brand partners from other industry verticals
- Drive local consumer show initiatives in conjunction with community and PR teams, supporting them to keep alignment with the global brand strategy while championing any local opportunities to the regional marketing and PR teams
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a marketing role (either in an agency or in-house. Video game experience desired, but not essential)
- Demonstrable, in-depth knowledge of the local market
- Involved in the campaign of at least one AAA games or high-profile product launch with campaign budget responsibility
- Confidence in delivering presentations to a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience with working on through-the-line marketing campaigns; including ATL, direct, digital, and social
- A passion for games
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.