Associate Systems Designer (ESO)
ZeniMax Online Studios is hiring an Associate Systems Designer to work with the Systems Lead and the rest of the project team to support the creation and maintenance of core game mechanics and non-combat systems within Elder Scrolls Online. They are responsible for player retention mechanisms and facilitating in-game social interactions, while adhering to team values and best practices.
- Maintain numerous existing in-game systems as assigned (Examples: Achievements, Itemization, Crafting, Housing, Justice, etc)
- Develop expertise on all in-game systems behavior and interdependencies including proprietary toolsets
- Create and maintain documentation for new and existing systems
- Function effectively as a team member in collaborative, cross-disciplinary feature development teams
- Identify and develop opportunities for fair monetization and business practices
- Utilize business intelligence reporting to drive data informed decisions
- Provide, receive and integrate feedback on all aspects of game development
- Any other duties assigned by the Systems Lead, Lead Gameplay Designer and Creative Director
- Institutional or work experience with designing game systems
- Experience playing MMORPGs
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word or equivalent
- Technical writing familiarity with close attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology
- Viewable portfolio of previous work
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.