UX Designer - Web Development
Bethesda Softworks is seeking a passionate and creative UX Designer to join our growing team and help shape our digital marketing presence. This role focuses on the design and UX of our wide range of customer facing web applications for our players.
As a UX designer, you will work with the digital marketing manager, principal engineer, content team, and brand teams to create first-class, performant, usable websites supporting our upcoming and existing games, as well as publisher-wide initiatives. Ideal candidates should have a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design, experience creating intuitive interactions, knowledge of web standards and SEO, and a passion for accessibility and inclusive design.
- Collaborate with the digital marketing manager, engineers, brand teams and stakeholders to create intuitive, compelling designs and user experiences
- Create wireframes, flows, comps, prototypes, and production assets to effectively communicate interaction and design work and validate ideas
- Work with team to develop and understand detailed requirements
- Consider web standards and engineer feedback to produce designs that lead to straightforward, efficient implementation
- Deliver annotated designs that consider a broad range of technical application design problems, loading + error flows and states, interaction feedback, transitions, and animation
- Clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and customers
- Present designs and prototypes and intake feedback to iterate efficiently and intelligently
- Apply customer feedback and analytics to design decisions
- Focus on customer empathy to understand customer needs, motivations, and behaviors
- Work with team to create and maintain a design system for publisher and studio sites
- Work with producer to develop design workflows and processes
- Work with QA team to verify designs in pre-production environments
- Evangelize good design practices, principles, and patterns that contribute to a Bethesda wide design practice
- Stay informed on new design trends and philosophies to bring fresh approaches to our design practices
- 5+ years of user-centered design experience
- Experience designing from and maintaining a design system or branded guide
- Experience designing complex interfaces for digital environments
- Experience designing enterprise-level websites and mobile app solutions
- Experience creating high fidelity prototypes, either large or micro-interactive
- Expertise in UX software such as Sketch, Figma, or Adobe XD
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Experience with UX design accessibility tools
- Experience with design/dev interfacing tools such as Storybook
- Experience with component-driven development
- Demonstratable high-quality visual design skill
- Deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- Solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, and usability and accessibility concerns
- Experience with A/B Testing
- An online portfolio showcasing your best work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to quickly prioritize and adapt to changing priorities
- Collaborative and team oriented
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.