MachineGames is seeking an experienced Network Administrator to join our IT team based in our offices in Uppsala, Sweden.
We are growing – and so is our IT team, and we are looking for someone eager to take part of this journey together with us.
To thrive in this role, we believe you as a person are excited about working with technology, enjoys working on and solving problems, communicates effectively and with a service-minded approach. You are not in it for the prestige – you thoroughly enjoy helping the people around you and support where support is needed.
In this role no day looks the same – you will have general IT tasks, be part of the support team for our employees whilst your specialty area will be towards networking. You will report to our IT manager, and you will become a part of the MachineGames support-team which also includes HR, Facilities, Finance and Office.
Our studio is located in central Uppsala, Sweden which is a small and vibrant city 40 minutes north of Stockholm with a historical heritage reaching back to pre-medieval times.
Our studio has a legacy of being down to earth and free from big egos, our everyday work as well as our long-term goals are driven by our values:
- We value team performance over individual performance
- We practice an open door policy
- We deliver what we promise
- We give constructive and actionable feedback
- We practice ownership and accountability
- We learn from our mistakes.
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible. We will support your relocation and/or application for work permit if you have a non-EU passport and/or are not currently residing in Sweden.
- Maintain and troubleshoot network problems and performance.
- Provide end user support and solve incidents in collaboration with other teams.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- +5 years of relevant work experience
- University degree or equivalent with a focus towards IT and network administration or similar expertise
- Practical understanding of TCP/IP
- Ability to troubleshoot routing protocols.
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot traditional Ethernet switching.
- Ability to operate configuration management.
- Ability to operate system monitoring platforms.
- Good understanding of Cisco LAN, WAN, Wireless, and security platforms, or equivalent knowledge from other manufacturers.
- Good understanding of systems administration and support (Windows, Linux)
- Driver's license B or equivalent with a right to drive in Sweden
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Swedish and English
- Proven ability to work both as a team member and independently
- CCNA or CCNP certifications
- Experience with Cisco ISE
- Experience with AWS, Azure networking.
- Knowledge in scripting languages.
- Thoroughly organized, detail oriented and pragmatic.
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.