Senior UI Programmer
Id Software, part of the ZeniMax Media Inc. family of companies, is seeking an experienced Senior UI Programmer to join our Dallas team in the development of an unannounced video game project.
id Software is looking for a Senior UI Programmer to join our team and work on legendary id games for PC and next-generation console systems. If you are passionate about gaming, user interface programming, and delivering the best-in-class immersive UI experience for consumers then come join us. You must have excellent problem-solving skills and a desire to work in a fast paced, creative, and team-oriented collaborative environment.
Position based in Richardson, TX. Will consider remote.
- Work with artists, gameplay designers, and engineers to deliver usable interfaces for game systems
- Partner with various teams and take plain wireframes & design specs and turn them into reality using several technologies
- Collaborate closely with the UX design team to iterate designs into living presentation code
- Rapidly prototype experiences for usability testing
- Work closely with user experience engineers to collect production UI requirements and create solutions
- Design, write, debug and refine UI systems and underlying architecture
- Competently assist in design of UI flow and functionality
- Implement UI design assets in game
- 5+ years game industry programming experience
- Strong C++ design and coding experience
- Extensive knowledge of Flash or Adobe Animate
- Comfortable working in cross-discipline teams
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code that adheres to a well-documented coding standard
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with any version of idTech
- Console experience
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent study in related fields
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.