IT Support Specialist 1
id Software is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated IT Support Specialist to join our team here in Richardson, Texas. We are looking for a dedicated problem solver who can multi-task and prioritize tasks in a constantly evolving and demanding environment. The ideal candidate will have strong customer service and technical skills, a sense of ownership, drive, and a positive attitude.
- Provide technical support to end users by phone, email, and in person in a friendly, professional manner
- Take ownership and monitor support requests to ensure a timely resolution
- Deploy, configure, and support personal computers, laptops, and network appliances
- Identify, research, and resolve hardware, software, and network issues
- Install hardware components, drivers, and other upgrades
- Set up, configure, and support peripheral equipment such as TVs, printers, and game consoles
- Install, configure and support Windows operating systems and applications such as Microsoft Office, 3ds Max, and Photoshop
- Assist with user account creation, modification and termination across multiple applications such as Active Directory and Exchange
- Track hardware and software assets in an inventory system
- Unpack new hardware and RMA or dispose of defective hardware
- Assist with and lead new projects as they arise
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- 1 to 2 years of corporate IT experience
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Strong PC hardware and software experience (build, repair, and troubleshooting issues)
- Ability to work on several tasks at once with frequent interruptions while meeting sensitive deadlines
- Extremely detail-oriented, trust-worthy, and reliable
- Must be a team player and be willing to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to lift 60 pounds (monitors, computers, printers, servers)
- Be able to assist with occasional afterhours emergency on call support
- The desire and ability to grow and improve technical skills on a daily basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Experience in IT support
- Experience with networking appliances and technologies such as switches and Wi-Fi
- Experience with Audio/Video equipment
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.