Arkane Studios - Texas, Art
Arkane Studios is seeking an exceptional Animator to join our Austin team! The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating real-time animation for in-game characters and cinematics. The Animator will report to the Lead Animator and the ideal candidate should have a strong sense of body mechanics, appealing poses and strong sense of timing.
· Create high quality realistic / stylized realism animations utilizing hand key animation
· Create and maintain high-end key frame animations (weight, body motions and facial expression)
· Integrate and clean up motion-captured animations and adapt them to the defined animation style and parameters
· Collaborate with other disciplines to create a cohesive vision and experience
· Troubleshoot and solve animation issues with all departments
· Implement animation assets into game engine and iterate as needed
· Shipped at least 1 game title as an Animator
· 2+ years of experience in the games industry
· Technical experience working with game engines and game animation implementation.
· Strong knowledge of Maya animation and/or Max animation packages
· Expert knowledge of basic principles of animation: timing, dynamics & body mechanics
· Strong acting and staging skills with focus on realistic animation styles
· Receptive to constructive feedback and willingness to work through an iterative process
· Adapt to technical dependencies and engine limitations
· Excellent organizational, teamwork, and communication skills
· Experienced with proprietary editors or other engines like idTech, Unreal, or CryEngine
· Passion for video games
· Experience animating creatures or quadruped characters
· Experience editing Motion Capture using Motion Builder or other software packages
· Bachelor’s degree in Art, Animation, or Game Development
As part of the application process, please submit work samples which demonstrate the following:
· Demo reel - include examples of previous animation work
· A shot breakdown should be included with an explanation of responsibilities
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.