Arkane Studios - Texas, Art
Arkane Studios is looking for a strong Sr. Technical Animator to join our Austin, Texas team for work on AAA games for PC and next-generation console systems.
As a Technical Animator, you will:
· Work with the animation team to define, create and maintain the animation pipeline
· Design and support complex character, facial and weapon rigs in Maya
· Own the skinning process for a variety of characters, garments and gear
· Create custom tools and scripts to increase the productivity and efficiency of the animation team
· Support and improve the integration of animation assets from Maya to game engine
· Experience in creating and maintaining an efficient animation pipeline throughout a AAA production cycle
· Strong working knowledge of both MEL and Python (additional languages a plus)
· Capable of rigging and skinning high quality character assets
· Experience working with Maya (3ds Max and MotionBuilder a plus)
· Experience with retargeting animation data via Maya or Motionbuilder
· Experience in creating animation state machines and blend trees in a game engine
· Understanding of physics simulation setup and implementation (ex: cloth, ragdoll)
· Receptive to feedback and able to work through an iterative process
· Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with strong communication skills and cooperative attitude
· 5+ years of production experience
· Strong passion for video games
· Animation background
As part of the application process. please submit work samples which demonstrate the following:
· Character rigging and skinning capabilities
· Documentation or videos describing previous tool development
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.