Senior Systems Designer - ESO
Division: ZeniMax Online Studios | Department: Design |
Hunt Valley , MD, US
The Senior Systems Designer works with the Systems Lead and the rest of the project team to support the creation and maintenance of core game mechanics and non-combat systems. They are responsible for mechanisms which retain players’ short term and long term interest in the product and in facilitating social interactions between players, while adhering to team values and best practices.
- Maintain numerous existing in-game systems as assigned (Examples: Achievements, Itemization, Crafting, Housing, Justice, Itemization, etc)
- Develop expertise on all in-game systems behavior and interdependencies including proprietary toolsets
- Create and maintain documentation for new and existing systems
- Coordinate work initiatives and priorities across multiple feature teams
- Function effectively as a leader and/or team member in collaborative, cross-disciplinary feature development teams
- Identify and develop opportunities for fair monetization and business practices
- Utilize business intelligence reporting to drive data informed decisions
- Provide, receive and integrate feedback on all aspects of game development
- Any other duties assigned by the Systems Lead, Lead Gameplay Designer and Creative Director
- 3+ years experience developing or maintaining systems in a shipped or live game
- Experience developing and playing MMORPGs
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word or equivalent
- Technical writing familiarity with close attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology and experience with Product Ownership a plus
- Viewable portfolio of previous work a plus
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.