Senior Systems Designer
Come join Bethesda Game Studios, the award-winning development team behind Starfield, The Elder Scrolls and Fallout. Bethesda Game Studios strives to offer its employees a well-balanced home and work life by providing competitive salaries, a generous benefits program, and offices located in some of North America’s best cities.
With a goal of creating a culture as fun and diverse as our games and our players, we welcome applicants with unique skillsets, experience levels and backgrounds. If you are passionate about making a meaningful contribution to some of the most significant games in the industry we’d love to hear from you!
Your Daily Life at Bethesda Game Studios
As Senior Systems Designer, you will...
- Create easy to follow design documentation
- Prototype new ideas and systems with existing tools and game script
- Drive new features and content
- Collaborate with artists, engineers and other designers in strike teams
- Provide feedback and guidance to other members of design
- Work closely with design leadership and production to ensure consistency, scope, and quality of systems
- Work with analytics team and stakeholders to define success criteria for new features
- Assist in assessing the performance of new features as well as legacy ones, and help determine future steps to take
- Assist in mentoring junior members of the design team
What Makes you S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
- You have at least 5 years of experience working in a design capacity on PC or console games
- You have the ability to get hands-on and implement gameplay elements in our proprietary toolset
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are experienced working with a variety of established game toolsets
- You are proficient in one or more text-based scripting languages
- You have experience working in a collaborative environment with cross disciplinary groups
- You have experience shipping a AAA game or patching/maintaining a live AAA game
- You are experienced in designing multiplayer game systems
- You have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- You are an expert user of Excel
- You possess excellent math skills
You may be asked to take a short design test that includes both scripting and design sections.
- You have experience creating mods or content for BGS games using the CreationKit
- You have strong knowledge and interest in Fallout lore
- You have solid debugging experience with text based script languages
- You have prior Open World Sandbox game experience
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.