Data Backup and Recovery Engineer
Division: ZeniMax Media | Department: IT |
Rockville , MD, US
We are seeking an experienced and versatile candidate to fill a new position as a Data Backup and Recovery Engineer. You’ll work with other engineers on a global team to evaluate, remediate, deploy, and maintain all facets of our backup infrastructure. Using your expertise, you’ll have an amazing opportunity to help a growing company develop and apply the policies, procedures, and technology required to keep pace with an explosion of unstructured data.
- Oversee all aspects of the global backup infrastructure
- Work with leadership to develop/refine backup strategies based on gathered requirements
- Work with local admins at branch sites to deploy and maintain backup infrastructure
- Provide direction and guidance to junior infrastructure staff related to backup procedure and routine tasks
- Work with infrastructure staff to coordinate capacity planning/upgrades as required
- Assist or engage with global infrastructure peers on the design, deployment, and support of other technologies when needed
- Minimum 7 years of progressive experience in IT; 10+ years preferred
- Strong ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all levels of staff
- An established history of providing excellent customer service regardless of position
- Mid to senior level of experience with enterprise storage systems (Dell, NetApp)
- Mid to senior level of experience with VMware
- Mid to senior level of experience with Microsoft Windows Server
- Senior level of experience with CommVault or similar data management/backup platform; professional, engineer, or master certification is desired but not required
- Strong working knowledge of LAN and WAN topologies
- A passion for the changing landscape of hybrid storage, cloud solutions, and data protection
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.