Senior Environment Artist
id Software, part of the ZeniMax Media Inc. family of companies, is seeking a Senior Environment Artist to join our team in making AAA games.
The ideal candidate will have some experience with Next-Gen asset creation, high poly/low poly modeling, and PBR texture creation, in addition to world building knowledge. This job is a very versatile position that will use all aspects of your industry knowledge to create props, textures, and environments that stride to set the new industry standard in visuals.
Position is based in Richardson, TX. Will consider remote.
- Work collaboratively with art director, concept artists and environment artists to create the game environments.
- Create models, textures and set pieces, based on concept art and the need of the project.
- 3+ years of game or film industry experience as an Environment Artist
- Experience with working on futuristic hard surface modeling
- Experience with world building, texturing and lighting inside a game editor such as Radiant, Unreal or comparable editor
- Experience in environment asset creation using contemporary, real-time rendering methods
- Understanding of modern 3D modeling packages
- Solid team player with strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Self-motivated and focused worker with good communication and collaboration skills
- Willingness to undertake technical R&D related to game environments creation
- Good time management skills and efficient development processes, and the ability to apply those principles towards effectively meeting schedules and deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Significant contributions to at least 1 AAA shipped game or film
- Must be willing to take an art test
*Please ensure that a link to your portfolio / website is included on your resume.
- Familiarity with the id Software family of engines, tools and material creation
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.