id Software, part of the ZeniMax Media Inc. family of companies, is seeking a talented VFX Artist to join our team making AAA games.
Candidates should have significant experience in real-time VFX asset creation, as well as a self-motivated drive to improve upon the systems and processes used in VFX creation. Applicants should have shipped at least one AAA title, including console platforms. Candidate’s portfolio should demonstrate high quality VFX with a wide variety of styles.
- Ability to take art direction with or without concept art, maintain a given style across a variety of assets, and to expand that style to fit the requirements of new assets
- Recognizing what VFX are needed, early in prototyping stage and supporting pre-production with VFX previsualization and prototype VFX
- Designing, creating and integrating VFX from start to finish
- Rendering animated loopable and/or tileable textures
- Working closely with animators and designers to develop and integrate gameplay VFX
- Set dressing of environments and cinematics with VFX
- Testing, debugging, solving problems and fixing bugs
- Performance testing and optimizing VFX for different platforms
- Provide schedule estimates for asset production
- Finding and addressing bottlenecks in the VFX production pipeline, assessing tools needs and finding better workflows.
- 3 + years game industry experience
- Portfolio demonstrating wide variety of VFX
- Have shipped at least 1 AAA title as VFX artist
- Excellent sense of scale and composition/framing
- Ability to adhere to a cohesive aesthetic as set forth by the Art Director
- Understanding of rendering techniques, real-time shaders and lighting
- Knowledge of environment asset creation, scene construction and lighting
- Ability to create high quality animated, tileable and loopable textures
- Proficiency in generating assets in Modo, 3ds Max, Maya, Houdini and/or similar software for use in fx
- Understanding of performance optimization and technical limitations
- Ability to learn quickly in-house tools
- Works in an organized and timely fashion
- Good time management skills and efficient development processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with the id Software products, family of engines, tools and material creation
- Passion for gaming
- Interest in new VFX technologies – real-time and offline rendering
- Console development experience
- Traditional art skills including sketching, illustration, painting, photography
- University or equivalent art-related degree
- Experience using Houdini and/or other fluid and rigid body simulation software
- Experience with Perforce
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.