Senior Systems Designer
Division: ZeniMax Online Studios | Department: Design |
Hunt Valley , MD, US
ZeniMax Online Studios is seeking a Senior Systems Designer to join our studio for the development of our next AAA game. This is a chance to join an experienced group of developers in pre-production for a new IP.
This role will serve under the Lead Systems Designer to build gameplay systems and mechanics, and hone them to industry-leading quality. A developer in this role will serve as a project specialist in one or more areas of systems design and will collaborate with leads across all development disciplines in creating gameplay systems within their specialty.
- Work with the Lead Systems Designer developing holistic gameplay systems aimed at a fluid, immersive player experience
- Design, create, and maintain documentation for gameplay systems and mechanics
- Focus and grow into a project specialist in one or more of the following areas of systems design:
- Player movement and controls
- Player abilities
- Enemy behaviors and capabilities
- Progression systems
- Weapon and gear design
- Roleplaying systems
- Puzzles and mini-games
- Collaborate with all development disciplines to bring gameplay systems from early vision to industry-shaping final implementation
- Mentor systems designers and help them grow in their careers
- Deeply creative with a great sense of what makes gameplay fun
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-discipline development environment
- Expert proficiency integrating imagery and text to deliver thorough, easy to understand design documents
- Comfortable with a development schedule that is playtest-driven and focused on iteration and polish
- Strong understanding of the discrete elements game systems are built from, and the ability to problem solve both holistically and on a per-component basis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Working knowledge of scripting or programming
- An online portfolio which clearly demonstrates relevant work experience
- Experience developing Open World games
- Experience in industrial or product design
- Strong public speaking skills
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.