Senior Character Artist
Division: ZeniMax Online Studios | Department: Art |
Hunt Valley , MD, US
ZeniMax Online Studios is seeking an ambitious and creative Senior Character Artist to work within our art team to create photorealistic characters, creatures clothing and armor that will pull the player into our universe. Candidates should have a strong understanding of human and animal anatomy, organic and hard surface modeling and texturing. Knowledge of Hair and Cloth simulation is a must. Ideal candidate will have either game development experience, or a cinematic/movie character creation experience.
- Create photorealistic humanoid, creature and clothing/armor models and textures with a strong grasp of form, scale and proportion.
- Communicate and work with concept art team, animation and technical artists.
- Contribute to establishing an art pipeline and art integration into the game engines.
- Contribute to the creative process through original ideas and inspiration.
- Participate in critiquing your work and the work of other artists.
- Work with the entire development team in an energetic and creative environment.
- 7+ years of professional industry experience as a character artist in video games or film industries.
- At least two AAA published games credited as a character artist.
- In depth knowledge of high fidelity character modeling and texturing.
- Excellent sculpting skills in Zbrush or Mudbox.
- Texturing skills using Substance Painter or similar software.
- Strong knowledge of human and animal anatomy.
- A strong understanding of rigging and animation principles.
- Excellent fine art skills.
- Knowledge of industry software tools & pipelines (3dsmax, Zbrush, Photoshop, Marvelous Designer, Maya, Substance Painter).
- Hair and cloth simulation knowledge is a must.
- Experience in working with the 3D scanned data is a must.
- Character and weapons rigging and animation experience.
- Facial blendshape creation experience.
- Marvelous Designer experience.
- Traditional art skills such as painting and sculpture.
- Clothing design and construction knowledge is a plus.
*The position may require an art test
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.