Division: Bethesda Game Studios | Department: Art |
Rockville , MD, US
Bethesda Game Studios is seeking a talented Lighting Artist who possesses the ability to light our environments and characters to join the team that is pushing the bleeding-edge AAA game development for PC and Consoles. This position requires an understanding of modern lighting techniques and an eye for artistic excellence.
- Create and maintain all elements of lighting including dynamic, static, cinematic, and character setups;
- Work with Art and Design to create compelling and dramatic lighting scenarios for gameplay and cinematics;
- Maintain a balance between visual quality and performance requirements;
- Match the established visual style for the game with lighting execution;
- Develop and implement new techniques into the lighting pipeline.
- 3+ years of industry experience, preferably focused on lighting;
- Working knowledge of modern lighting techniques, technical art and performance pipelines;
- Self-motivated and the ability to work and solve problems with minimal assistance;
- Highly organized with the ability to adhere to production schedules;
- Well-developed communication skills and strong work ethic;
- Experience working with Creation Kit (Fallout 4, Skyrim);
- Training in traditional art mediums (painting, sculpting, etc.);
- Knowledge of current engine technology such as CRYENGINE, UDK, or Unity;
- Experience with lighting using a Physically Based Renderer.
*Candidate must submit an online portfolio to be considered*
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.