Division: Bethesda Game Studios | Department: Design |
Rockville , MD, US
Bethesda Game Studios is looking for a talented Systems Designer to join our team that is pushing the bleeding-edge of RPG development for the PC and consoles. In this role, the Systems Designer will assist with the design of critical game systems and work on dedicated features, like character abilities and combat balancing, for current and next generation AAA games.
- Create and maintain specific game systems, which includes general design, balance, rules and interface;
- Balance and adjust systems to find the “sweet spot” between challenge and immersion;
- Prototype and iterate on new game mechanics as well as modify and improve existing ones;
- Collaborate with artists, programmers and fellow designers to develop and refine systems;
- Design and implement large amounts of game assets;
- Conceptualize, create and maintain game design documentation throughout the project cycle.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with game system development and balance;
- Design credit on at least one shipped console title;
- Experience with action and/or RPG systems design;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Passion for Bethesda Game Studios titles;
- Familiarity and/or experience with the Bethesda Game Studios Creation Kit;
- Systems design experience on a first-person game;
- Experience in balancing combat.
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.