Senior Content Designer (ESO)
ZeniMax Online Studios is looking for a Senior Content Designer that will work with the content, world building, animation, audio, VFX, and gameplay teams to provide fun and well-conceived stories/locations for players to experience.
- Design and script quests and gameplay for Elder Scrolls Online, with a focus on storytelling and pacing
- Execute other game designs and design revisions when necessary
- Work in our proprietary toolset
- Mentor other content designers
- Minimum 4+ years of experience working in a designer capacity
- Experience telling interesting stories within a provided framework
- Ability to clearly exchange and encourage communication across a multi-discipline team
- Experience with designing, building, and populating game worlds
- Experience scripting or programming complex interactivity
- Excellent sense of 3D game space and game flow
- Experience with modular kits a plus
- Creative writing a plus
- Experience in MMO development
- Leadership and mentoring experience
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.