Senior World Builder
ZeniMax Online Studios is looking for an experienced Senior World Builder to join our team. The Senior World Builder will collaborate with Level Designers, Quest Designers, Writers, and other artists in order to develop well-composed, functional, fun, and engaging 3D spaces.
The Senior World Builder will be responsible for polishing and finalizing world spaces that a Level Designer has laid out and at times, may be responsible for some level designing as well.
- Work with the Level Designers and Content Designers to do art passes on 3D world spaces; this includes editing and painting terrain, propping, and lighting to bring world spaces to a final and polished state
- Collaborate with the Asset Creation Art team on assets for propping work
- Collaborate with Designers to make sure polish work maintains the vision of the play space
- Analyze and fix level design issues
- Ensure visuals match the game's style and lore
- Check metrics to ensure play spaces run as desired
- 5+ years of professional industry experience as a World Builder, Level Designer, or Asset Creation Artist
- Experience with any proprietary terrain sculpting tool
- Excellent understanding of environmental design and its functions within a game
- Excellent composition and lighting skills
- Candidates must show an aptitude for learning new systems quickly
- Must submit work samples - finished levels and/or block out levels demonstrating composition and gameplay
- Level design experience
- Knowledge of Photoshop
- MMO or RPG experience
- Knowledge of World Machine or World Creator
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.