Division: Arkane Studios - Texas | Department: Programming |
Austin , TX, US
Arkane Studios Austin is looking for a Technical Engineer (aka, Tech Generalist) to join our team in developing our next AAA title! This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a small and focused team of developers with a proven track record of making awesome games. Our style of immersive simulation and emergent gameplay creates many challenges. As a Technical Engineer, you will use your skills to create and maintain various systems and tools to empower our content team and assist in delivering another best-in-class player experience.
- Report to the Lead Technical Engineer and work closely with other team members to deliver high quality and performant systems and tools features
- Work on tasks in various systems and be willing to take system ownership as need
- Ability to contribute as an active member of the engineering team by delivering high quality work on schedule
- Comfort with learning and working in lower level systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least one, two preferred, shipped multi-platform games
- Fundamental understanding of one or more aspects of game engine development: 3D, audio, physics, AI, networking, multi- threading, UI and tools, with a passion for learning
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with highly concurrent, real-time systems is a plus
- Experience with modern console development
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.