Senior Environment Technical Artist
Division: Arkane Studios - Texas | Department: Art |
Austin , TX, US
Arkane Studios Austin is seeking a Senior Environment Technical Artist to help our environment and world building teams deliver high quality AAA games. The Technical Artist is responsible for developing new and creative asset generation techniques, maintaining performance across all shipping platforms, and serves as a technical reference for art production. The ideal candidate has a strong passion for creating narrative driven games in a highly collaborative setting.
- Assist the environment and world building teams in creating optimal workflows and assets
- Work with engineers to establish game asset budgets and performance guidelines
- Author shaders and materials using a combination of node-based editors and HLSL
- Assist art team members with production tools and upgrades
- Collaborate with art and engineering staff on art pipeline improvements
- Assist in troubleshooting and organization with outsourcing partners as needed
- Research and prototype complex game art elements
- Document best-practices for creating great-looking optimized game assets
- 5+ years’ experience in the video games industry as a technical artist
- Advanced experience in Maya and Substance Designer/Painter
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4, CryEngine, or other AAA engines.
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Experience using GPU analysis tools such as Pix, Razor, or Render Doc
- Understanding of run-time shader languages such as HLSL or GLSL
- Experience in Python and the use of PyQt/PySide
- Creating procedural art assets using Houdini is desirable
- Some experience using C++ or C# desired
- Excellent problem-solving skills
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.