Division: ZeniMax Online Studios | Department: Design |
Hunt Valley , MD, US
Zenimax Online is looking for a highly motivated and experienced senior writer to collaborate with our talented team of creative professionals to bring the characters and stories of the Elder Scrolls Online to life.
- Work with other writers and content designers to create compelling characters and stories in the game environment.
- Write and iterate on compelling dialogue for characters.
- Write and edit compelling quest, lore, and story text.
- Write in-game backstories for the world, its locations, and its inhabitants.
- Assure fictional consistency utilizing established lore for the Elder Scrolls.
- Complete all work to required specifications and quality by established deadlines.
- Quickly master the proprietary, in-game writing/editing tool.
- Guide and mentor other team members.
- Perform other writing and fiction duties that may be assigned by Lead Writer.
- Demonstrable and strong skills as a writer and editor.
- 3+ years of writing and/or narrative design experience.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent narrative and dialog writing skills.
- Strong ability to collaborate and thrive as part of a creative team.
- Ability to work independently in a highly confidential environment.
- A passion for games and crafting compelling stories.
- Plays and understands modern video games, especially MMOs.
- A strong understanding of the lore and story of Elder Scrolls is highly desired.
Portfolio: Please include links to your work and clearly indicate your contributions, as well as provide a writing sample demonstrating your talent and proficiency with dialogue and storytelling. Resumes without writing samples will not be considered.
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.