Senior Software Engineer - Developer Tools
Division: Bethesda Softworks | Department: Platform |
Rockville , MD, US
The Bethesda.net team is seeking a talented senior software engineer to contribute to the Bethesda Softworks Digital Publishing Platform. This role focuses on the development of tools and studio-facing web applications that enable our game developers to better interact with Bethesda.net technologies.
As a senior engineer, you will work with product owners to evaluate high-level requirements, business rules, feature designs, and user stories. Working with a tech lead, you will guide the implementation approach for a small team of engineers, where you are expected to deliver features that are high quality and on time. In addition, all engineers are expected to participate in architecture discussions, live support, and the continuous improvement processes of the entire Bethesda.net platform.
- Guide the technical development of features under the direction of a tech lead
- Write clean, maintainable code that is scalable, reliable, and secure
- Support AWS-hosted systems in a 24x7 environment when needed
- Actively provide code review and feedback for other engineers
- Collaborate with other teams (e.g., Ops, Security, QA, NOC) to deliver high quality systems
- Ensure consistency with security policy standards and best practices
- Understand and define infrastructure as code to support developed systems
- Learn new technologies and programming languages as needed
- 6+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
- Experience with cross-browser development using HTML5, CSS, JSON
- Experience with API methodologies: REST, GraphQL, Protocol Buffers
- Experience with version control systems (GitHub preferred)
- Possess a strong technical background and deep knowledge of software engineering principles, exceptional problem solving, design, programming, and testing skills
- Pragmatic approach to providing engineering solutions that solve business needs
- Desire to learn new languages and technology
- Experience with AWS and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes) is strongly desired
- Experience with responsive design, grids, AJAX, Node.js
- Experience with unit testing tools and continuous deploy systems
- Game development experience is not required, but an understanding of games is needed
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.