Software Engineer - Developer Tools
Division: Bethesda Softworks | Department: Platform |
Rockville , MD, US
The Bethesda.net team is seeking a talented software engineer to contribute to the Bethesda Softworks Digital Publishing Platform. This role focuses on the development of tools and studio-facing web applications that enable our game developers to better interact with Bethesda.net technologies.
As a software engineer, you will work with other engineers and your tech lead to design and implement features that are high quality and delivered on time. In addition, all engineers are expected to participate in architecture discussions, live support, and the continuous improvement processes of the entire Bethesda.net platform.
- Write clean, maintainable code that is scalable, reliable, and secure
- Support AWS-hosted systems in a 24x7 environment when needed
- Actively provide code review and feedback for other engineers
- Collaborate with other teams (e.g., Ops, Security, QA, NOC) to deliver high quality systems
- Ensure consistency with security policy standards and best practices
- Understand and define infrastructure as code to support developed systems
- Learn new technologies and programming languages as needed
- 2+ years developing front-end web applications using technologies like: React, AngularJS, Vue, Redux, Rollup, Webpack, Koa, Express, Ava, Jest, Flow, TypeScript, etc.
- Experience with cross-browser development using HTML5, CSS, JSON
- Experience with API methodologies: REST, GraphQL, Protocol Buffers
- Experience with version control systems (GitHub preferred)
- Pragmatic approach to providing engineering solutions that solve business needs
- Desire to learn new languages and technology
- Experience with AWS and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes) is strongly desired
- Exposure to responsive design, grids, AJAX, Node.js
- Exposure to unit testing tools and continuous deploy systems
- Game development experience is not required, but an understanding of games is needed
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.