Senior Sound Designer
Id Software, part of the ZeniMax Media Inc. family of companies, is seeking a Senior Sound Designer to join our team in making AAA games. This position assumes a prominent position on the team, helps establish and optimize production pipelines, and contributes to the execution of the vision of the game in close collaboration with
- Work closely with the Lead Audio, Creative Director and other members of the team to develop all types of audio assets.
- Create high quality sounds for numerous settings, different types of gameplay, visual effects and narrative events.
- Implement audio using tools and technology at hand in close collaboration with game play designers, effect artists and animators.
- Actively learn tools and technology and explore new features in collaboration with programmers.
- Drive the final mixes to establish an overall powerful and polished audio experience through the game.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in creating audio for games; including shipping at least one AAA title as audio designer
- In-depth understanding of Wwise (including complex mixing and routing.)
- Ability to make high quality audio samples and process externally created music, VO, and SFX for in-game use
- Skill at post production and mastering
- Excellent working knowledge of modern studio equipment and industry standard audio tools
- Strong sound design & technical skills
- Familiarity with a variety of audio middleware applications
- Ability to interface with internal and external development teams
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the video game development process
- Able to manage large scale audio asset production
- Great communication and leadership skills
- Outstanding work ethic and attention to detail
- Deep familiarity with most musical genres
- Strong artistic and creative sense
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.