Senior Prop Artist
id Software, part of the ZeniMax Media Inc. family of companies, is seeking a Senior Prop Artist to join our team in making AAA games.
Our team at id Software has developed some of the most iconic IP in gaming – creating epic universes, uncompromising heroes, unbelievable weapons and legions of creatures.
Prop artists create memorable weapons and set pieces that help visually define an id game. Reporting to the Lead Prop Artists, you will work collaboratively with the art director, concept artists and environment artists to create weapons and props, as well as set pieces that define and populate the game environments.
- 4+ years of game or film industry experience as a 3D artist
- Substantial examples of current and past work demonstrating a strong understanding of shape, perspective, texture, color, and lighting.
- Extensive experience and proficiency with relevant 3D and 2D toolsets.
- Self-motivated, but able to take feedback and criticism and properly reflect comments in work.
- Excellent team player with very strong work ethic and a collaborative/cooperative attitude.
- Passion for games and gaming.
- Good time management skills and efficient development processes, and the ability to apply those principles towards effectively meeting schedules and deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
*Please ensure that a link to your portfolio / website is included on your resume.
- Significant contributions to at least 2 AAA shipped games or films.
- Familiarity with id Software games, characters, brands and universes.
- Expertise in creating organic sculpted assets in addition to hard surface assets.
- Environment art experience in addition to prop work.
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.