Division: MachineGames | Department: Art |
Uppsala , SE
MachineGames is looking for an experienced Technical Artist to join our team. In this role you will develop art pipelines, production techniques and processes together with a group of seasoned developers.
Our studio is located in central Uppsala, Sweden which is a small and vibrant city 30 minutes north of Stockholm with a historical heritage reaching back to pre-medieval times. It also has the oldest and one of the largest universities in northern Europe.
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible. We will support your relocation and/or application for work permit if you have a non-EU passport and/or not currently residing in Sweden.
- 3+ years' experience in AAA or mobile games development as Technical Artist
- Strong communicator and collaborator, with excellent organizational skills
- A strong understanding of asset creation pipelines and workflows
- Experience liaising with programming departments to develop proprietary tools
- C/C++ knowledge is a plus
- Python scripting knowledge is a plus
- Experience with procedurally created content is a plus
- Experience with art outsourcing is a plus
- Rigging and skinning skills are a plus
- To author, document and enforce technical standards for art asset creation
- Develop pipelines for procedural asset creation, cross platform porting and optimization of art assets, FX and lighting.
- To author, document and enforce production standards such as file structure, naming conventions, rules and guidelines.
- To take ownership of optimization standards and methods for 3d assets, FX and light.
- To collaborate with other Leads and Creative Director to execute product vision.
- To provide direction to and oversee assets produced at external studios.
- To actively work to improve pipelines and workflows related to user experience for people within the studio without requiring explicit direction.
- As a Technical Artist you are expected to educate other team members about technical standards.
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.