Bethesda Game Studios is seeking a qualified Data Warehouse Engineer to work with the BGS game analytics team in building and maintaining back end data solutions, utilizing AWS technologies, to support analytics initiatives to improve player experience and game performance as well as increase player retention and monetization.
• Work with other data engineers and game analysts to build new and extend existing data structures to support game analytics
• Develop, maintain, and support ETL processes for loading data from multiple data sources into a Redshift data warehouse
• Maintain large, multi-terabyte data warehouse which includes performance tuning and data retention/purge processes
• Research and troubleshoot data quality issues, providing fixes and proposing both short- and long-term solutions
• 5+ years of experience in a data warehousing, data engineering, or data architect role
• 5+ years of experience in developing, managing, and maintaining large, multi-terabyte data warehouse environments including the pipelines of data and ETL processes feeding into it
• Strong experience with AWS Redshift
• Experience working with other AWS data technologies such as S3, Redshift Spectrum, Athena, Data Pipeline, EMR, RDS, and Kinesis
• Expert level SQL skills
• Data modeling experience for both transactional and data warehousing environments including familiarity with Kimball dimensional and 3NF modeling standards
• Experience working with a variety of data sources such as MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, S3, HDFS, and MongoDB
• Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability
• Experience with AWS CloudFormation for creating and managing a variety of AWS resources
• Experience with Python and Linux shell scripting
• Experience using source control systems (Git, Perforce, SVN, etc.)
• Familiarity or experience working with big data solutions such as Apache Spark, PrestoDB, Kafka, etc.
• Prior experience working in a game development studio or gaming company developing online titles
• Passion or personal interest in video gaming
• BS degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or equivalent
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.