Senior Animation Programmer
MachineGames is growing and we are now looking for a talented Senior Animation Programmer to join our studio!
You will be working in our programming department that is a diverse, passionate group of people that loves the game industry, just like the rest of our studio! Our studio is located in central Uppsala, Sweden which is a small and vibrant city 40 minutes north of the capital, Stockholm. It has a historical heritage reaching back to pre-medieval times.
MachineGames is a part of Zenimax Media inc. alongside sister studios Alpha Dog games, Arkane studios, Bethesda game studios, Id Software, Roundhouse Studios, and Tango Gameworks, and ZeniMax Online Studios.
Our studio has a legacy of being down to earth and free from big egos, our everyday work as well as our long-term goals are driven by our values:
- We value Team performance over individual performance
- We practice an open door policy
- We deliver what we promise
- We give constructive and actionable feedback
- We practice ownership and accountability
- We learn from our mistakes.
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible. We will support your relocation and/or application for work permit if you are not an EU citizen and/or not currently residing in Sweden.
- Architect and implement features in C/C++, that is CPU, GPU and memory efficient, with an eye to a quality end-user experience
- Develop, extend and debug features related to animation while respecting platform and design constraints
- Collaborate well with programmers and other disciplines involved in the day to day work
- Review code written by programmers across the studio and collaborate with them to improve code quality
- If required, debug, modify, extend or use the tools pipeline as necessary
- Construct solutions for unforeseen design problems in a timely manner
- Proactively provides suggestions on how to utilize new technologies and tools and implement them into our workflow
- At least 5 years of experience in animation development, preferably for games
- Demonstrate and apply strong problem-solving and debugging skills in C++
- Write clean, professional, well commented, and maintainable code
- Show good knowledge of mathematics for animation and 3D game development.
- Experience with skinning and joint based animation blending.
- Experience with secondary or vertex based character animation.
- Experience with physics simulated or procedural animation blending.
- Experience with facial rig and face animation techniques.
- Worked with animation DDC software like Motion Builder and Maya.
- Are independent and self propelled with little need for supervision
- Continuously look for ways to improving processes and achieve results. Isn’t satisfied with the status quo. Come up with solutions to problems or challenges.
- Exhibit a high level om communication skills, both by listening and sharing information. You provide constructive feedback to individuals and teams
- and you take initiatives to collaborate cross functionally.
- Lastly, you are passionate about games!
- Preferably previous Havok experience.
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.