Engine & Systems Programmer
Come join Bethesda Game Studios, the award-winning development team behind Starfield, The Elder Scrolls and Fallout. Bethesda Game Studios strives to offer its employees a well-balanced home and work life by providing competitive salaries, a generous benefits program, and offices located in some of North America’s best cities.
With a goal of creating a culture as fun and diverse as our games and our players, we welcome applicants with unique skillsets, experience levels and backgrounds. If you are passionate about making a meaningful contribution to some of the most significant games in the industry we’d love to hear from you!
Your Daily Life at Bethesda Game Studios
As Engine & Systems Programmer, you will…
- Write clear, maintainable, highly functional code and portable C++ code
- Plan and designs code in collaboration with team members
- Jump into lots of different systems, tackling everything from entire systems to random tasks
- Support and maintain existing systems
- Accurately estimate your schedules and deliver high quality work products to that schedule
- Provide technical expertise to develop cutting-edge technologies to include: architecture, design, prototype, implement, test, debug, document, profile, maintain, and support
- Review codes from other team members
What makes You S.P.E.C.I.A.L.?
- You have at least 4 years game industry C++ development programming experience with at least 3+ years of engine experience
- You've obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- You have very strong C++ design and coding experience
- You are experienced in building multithreaded, real-time systems
- You are experienced in writing systems balancing performance and maintainability
- You have experience profiling and optimizing both CPU and GPU utilization
- You have a passion for making GREAT games
- You have experience playing previous Bethesda Games Studios games
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.