Senior Software Engineer - Operations
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Live Operations Team, you’ll focus on helping us level up how Software Engineering is completed, as well as further automate long-standing processes and improve data usage methods, for the Live Operations group and studios within the ZeniMax organization. You will work closely with decision making systems and data that directly impact various teams and studios throughout the organization. This role is critical in helping to provide objective analytics and improving systems and tools which assist in the identification and remediation of issues for ZeniMax.
- Build systems and tools to help solve business needs
- Coordinate with consumers of our systems and tools to help improve their experience and minimize pain points
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
- Mentorship of more junior Engineers on the team
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Resolve complex system integration challenges while working with other members on the team and other teams
- Share knowledge and learnings with both fellow and aspiring Software Engineers
- Ship high-quality, well-tested, secure, and maintainable code
- Take part in design discussions about new features and ensure that they integrate seamlessly with other pieces
- 8+ years’ software development experience on all phases of a development cycle
- BS/MS/PHD degree in Computer Science or related technical experience
- Experience using cloud computing technologies including AWS and/or Azure
- Experience building web service and restful designs, serverless and event driven design are a plus
- Fluent in automating workflows and writing modular object-oriented tools using Python
- Previous administration and use of relational databases and big data systems
- Strong understanding of algorithms, data structures, asynchronous and multi-threaded architecture, space and time complexity, etc.
- CI/CD Pipelines
- Database administration
- Experience using Lean-Agile methodologies, feature-driven development, or test-driven development
- Technical writing
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.