Bethesda Softworks is looking for a world class Security Architect to join a highly skilled team of security professionals responsible for security of AAA titles, digital platforms, and data in live and studio development environments. This team member will plan, analyze, and design, security infrastructure that is responsive to changes in regulations and risk. Prior game development experience and an ability to understand the unique security challenges facing the industry is a definite bonus.
- Design enterprise-class security systems
- Align industry standards, frameworks and security best practices with overall business and technology strategy
- Translate business and security objectives into technical requirements and deliverables
- Design security architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge
- Create solutions that balance business requirements with information and cyber security requirements
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
- Train stakeholders in implementation and usage of systems
- Keep up with development and security trends in the video game industry and in the technology sector in general
- Occasional travel required
Five or more years’ experience in:
- Demonstrating solutions delivery, principles and implementation of new technologies
- Designing and implementing security solutions.
- Consulting and engineering in the development, design and implementation of security best practices and implementation of solid security principles.
- Security considerations of cloud computing, including: data breaches, broken authentication, hacking, account hijacking, malicious insiders, third parties, APTs, data loss and DoS attacks.
- Identity and access management (IAM) – the framework of security policies and technologies that limit and track the access of those in an organization to sensitive technology resources.
Experience with and knowledge of:
- Relevant National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standards.
General skills include:
- Excellent ability to communicate with a diverse array of audiences
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong project and team consensus building skills, including the ability to lead teams and drive projects and initiatives in multiple departments
- Demonstrated ability to identify risks associated with business processes, operations, information security programs and technology projects
- The ability to be the enterprise security subject matter expert who can explain technical topics to those without a technical background
- Perforce version control (P4V)
- Software product deployment
- Game industry technologies
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.