Social Media Community Manager
We are seeking a Social Media Community Manager to join the Community team at ZeniMax Online Studios. The successful candidate will oversee the day-to-day operations, growth, and success of the official global Elder Scrolls Online social media channels and their communities. Primary duties include creating and executing on social media content strategies and tactics, engaging with, and building rapport with players on the official ESO social media channels, measuring and reporting on the performance of social content and channel growth, and more.
- Work in collaboration with the Community and Marketing teams to develop and execute social media strategies and tactics for The Elder Scrolls Online
- Engage with ESO players through social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Reddit, driving conversation with the ESO team and between players
- Maintain a consistent presence on all official ESO social media spaces and promote a welcoming, inclusive environment
- Work in collaboration with the Development, Marketing, PR, Quality Assurance, and Customer Support teams to ensure a positive player experience on the official ESO social media channels
- Act as a key representative within the gaming community for The Elder Scrolls Online
- Analyze social media efforts to help grow audience and retention and drive engagement
- Assists with the company's involvement in trade shows, exhibitions, and other events
- Create and distribute detailed reporting on social media KPIs and community sentiment, including community reactions, sentiment, and feedback
- Contribute to product improvement and innovation efforts by advocating for player suggestions, feedback, and needs
- Analyze learnings and opportunities and develop improvement plans based on metrics, research, and business goals
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of community management and social media tools, best practices, and industry trends
- Assist with other Community team tasks and opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of professional community and/or social media management experience in the gaming industry or similar entertainment industries
- Strong understanding of and adaptability to popular social media trends, social networking tools, trends, and best practices, online gaming trends, and industry leaders
- Proven history of developing and maintaining communities on social media platforms for a business
- Knowledgeable about latest technologies and techniques used in building and maintaining successful gaming communities on social media platforms
- Strong drive to pursue ongoing innovation and improvement for community and social media practices and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a strong understanding of appropriate tone and voice for social media platforms
- Strong time-management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with privileged information, work well with others and handle a high-pressure environment
- Passion for The Elder Scrolls Online and other games from Bethesda Softworks
- Strong understanding of competitive landscape of games and their social media presence
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated initiative and positive spirit in a rapidly changing environment
- Willing to travel for events, meetings, conventions, etc.
- Public speaking and live broadcast/stream experience
- Experience working in a technical background such as development or production
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and Google Analytics
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.