id Software, Programming
id Software is looking for a Senior Rendering (Graphics) Programmer to join our team and work on legendary id games for PC and next-generation console systems. If you are passionate about rendering and want to help define, create and deliver the industries best visuals at 60+hz then this may be the position for you. You must have excellent problem solving skills and a desire to work in a fast paced, creative and team-oriented collaborative environment. It’s a plus if you written one or many rendering back-ends either personally or professionally.
· Collaborate with and be part of our Core Technology group to design, implement and ship the best engine and rendering technology on the planet
· Work closely with artists, designers, and other engineers to design, research, schedule and implement rendering technology and feature sets
· Work on performance, optimization, and other technology features as required
· 5+ years game industry programming experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrable experience
· At least one, preferably multiple, AAA titles shipped as a credited rendering programmer
· Very strong C++ design and coding experience
· Extensive GPU and Shader experience
· Extensive OpenGL and DirectX9-11 experience
· Extensive Console experience
· Familiarity with global lighting methods, dynamic lighting, shadow rendering and related concepts
· Excellent 3D math skills
· Solid architecture and software design ability
· Passion for graphics programming and staying on top of current techniques
· Excellent organization and time management skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code that adheres to a well-documented coding standard
· Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.