Lead Narrative Designer
Division: Arkane Studios - France | Department: Design |
Lyon , FR
Arkane is looking for a world class Lead Narrative Designer to help create narrative content - be it written, spoken or visual – and to ensure that it remains consistent with the world design of the game and its fundamental pillars, and lead a team of narrative designers towards those goals
- Contribute to the game story, characters and universe by supporting creative intentions
- Carry the creative direction’s vision within and outside of the narrative design team
- Responsible for the design and final quality of the narrative systems (playtests, debugging…)
- Work with the level designers and level artists to implement narrative gameplay content
- Use internal tools to design and work with various systems for conveying story in an interactive world
- Review the game content regularly to spot narrative inconsistencies and new opportunities
- Support narrative and design needs of other departments, as required or directed
- Aid in the development and maintenance of documentation
- Work with level designers, systems designers, UI designers, programmers, and external writers on in-game texts (keeping them up to date, adapting to changes, etc.)
- Create placeholder texts
- Create and maintain narrative-related assets and also parts of UI
- Work closely with localization team (providing information for translators, import/export of strings, fixing formatting and language-related bugs, etc.)
- Maintain Localize Direct (tool for translations)
- Maintain String Browser (internal tool for strings)
- QA of translated strings (linguistic background beneficial)
- Previous experience of working on a game project
- At least one released (video) game as a narrative designer
- Has worked with narrative tools before (including Twine or other free-to-use narrative software)
- Quickly adapts to tools and workflows
- Experience in visual scripting
Working as an “Arkanite”
Arkane Studios' iconic brands such as Dishonored®, Dishonored 2® and Prey® have become staples of popular culture for generations of gamers. Our company provides technical, design and artistic leadership as a world-renowned game developer and technology innovator since its founding in 1999.
Our studio is professional with a relaxed working atmosphere located in the trendy area of Lyon Confluence - a hot spot for nature, sports, food, and music.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, incl. private medical insurance, flex hours, up to 30 paid vacations days per year, sports program, transport compensation, onboarding program, free Fridays etc.
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.