Division: Arkane Studios - France | Department: Quality Assurance |
Lyon , FR
Answering to the QA Manager, the Dev Tester will participate to any kind of tests, from early play-tests to functionality, performances, compatibility and pre-certification tests.
- Find defects in the software (Game/engine/tools)
- Fulfill testing requests, identify bugs, and report results back to team
- Enter high-quality bug reports based on department standards into bug tracking system
- Regress resolved bugs to verify fixes
- Be involved in daily scrum process
- Be prepared to provide insight as to the playability of a title
- Provide both objective and subjective feedback on gameplay-related issues in both verbal and written forms
- Assist in escalating game issues and concerns with peers and to senior team members
- Depending on the production phases and challenges, the tester can also be involved in building solutions, running attached debugger, placing breakpoints, analyzing call stacks to GUR/UX brainstorm or organizing playtest sessions
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC) and QA’s role within it
- Ability to learn new concepts and processes quickly, and apply those to game testing
- Able to follow direction and complete assigned work in a timely manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on having excellent interpersonal communication ability
- Good organizational skills and ability to remain focused
- 2-5 years of professional testing experience, with at least one shipped title
- Experience with testing in PC and console environments
- Previous experience within the games industry
- Proficiency with MS Office suite
- Basic notions in script/programming language are is a plus
- A first experience in AAA titles, Multiplayer, VR and GAaS is a plus
Working as an Arkanite
Our company provides technical, design and artistic leadership as a world-renowned game developer and technology innovator since its founding in 1999.
Arkane Studios' iconic brands such as Dishonored®, Dishonored 2® and Prey® have become staples of popular culture for generations of gamers.
- Comprehensive benefits package, incl. private medical insurance, flex hours, up to 30 paid vacations days per year, sports program, transport compensation, onboarding program, free Fridays etc.
- Professional and relaxed working atmosphere
- Modern studio located in the trendy area of Lyon Confluence, a hot spot for nature, sports, food, and music
- International work culture
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.