Division: Arkane Studios - France | Department: Art |
Lyon , FR
Arkane Studios, Lyon FRANCE is looking for a Technical Artist to join our Tech Art team, and work on an unannounced AAA title in development for PC and consoles.
Under the Lead Technical Artist responsibility, and in close collaboration with the Technical Director and Artistic Director, the technical artist will act as a bridge between the content team and programmers to make sure the tools and the game will be in the best shape.
- Offer technical support to the Content team in day-by-day production issues. (Game, Tools,…)
- Bridge the gap by assisting the programming team with implementing tool and features related to art/content creation.
- Create content to validate new rendering features in development.
- Test new tools before deployment into production.
- Help ensure feature/tools interfaces are user-friendly & efficient.
- Suggest improvements and finds solutions on several tools used on the project.
- Monitor & help drive framerate and memory optimization of the game.
- Regularly communicate technical constraints and their reasons to the content team.
- Collaborate with engineers to diagnose and resolve in-game problems.
- Create and maintain documentation for tools, conventions and procedures.
- Share with the content team best-practices and new tools.
- Create, organize, and lead training sessions so that all members of the content team can properly use the tools and methods.
- Investigates new techniques, assists in prototyping and helps other developers with technical roadblocks.
- Remain informed of new technical and technological developments
Requirements & Skills:
- Strong artistic background (a good artistic eye is a necessity!).
- Attention to detail from both technical and artistic perspectives.
- Substantial working experience in the video game industry.
- Experience working with video game engines and workflows, and and overall understanding of artistic pipelines.
- Relevant technical experience in performance, optimization and methodology.
- Basic knowledge of real-time rendering challenges and techniques.
- Experience prototyping, and able to quickly sketch out ideas before diving into implementation.
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Fast and willing learner. Ability to adapt to new technologies.
- A great ability to think creatively to overcome technical challenges.
- Ability to create technical documentation.
- Training and tutoring skills are a plus.
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties.
- Good english oral and written skills.
As a plus:
- Knowledge and Interest in the following tech-art areas:
- Scripting (Python, VEX)
- Rendering and Post-Effects
- Procedural generation (Houdini)
Working as an Arkanite
Our company provides technical, design and artistic leadership as a world-renowned game developer and technology innovator since its founding in 1999.
Arkane Studios' iconic brands such as Dishonored®, Dishonored 2® and Prey® have become staples of popular culture for generations of gamers.
- Comprehensive benefits package, incl. private medical insurance, flex hours, up to 30 paid vacations days per year, sports program, transport compensation, onboarding program, free Fridays etc.
- Professional and relaxed working atmosphere
- Modern studio located in the trendy area of Lyon Confluence, a hot spot for nature, sports, food, and music
- International work culture
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.