Division: Bethesda Softworks | Department: Platform |
Austin, TX, US
Bethesda Softworks is looking for a world class Security Engineer to be responsible for operational security of AAA MMO titles in live and studio development environments. The ideal candidate will be well versed with analyzing network data, logged information and investigating systems for indicators of compromise. This position requires hands on experience with cloud security, network security, intrusion detection and vulnerability assessment methodologies.
The Security Engineer position is located in Austin, TX and reports to the Senior Manager of Security.
This is a great opportunity to be involved with the development and implementation of AAA MMO and game titles and to work in a fast paced, challenging environment.
- Complete daily security operations tasks
- Configure and maintain intrusion detection and prevention systems
- Monitor security bulletins, determining applicability and coordinating action plans
- Investigate and respond to security incidents following the incident response policy
- Build and maintain AWS security infrastructure
- Build and maintain datacenter security projects
- Support identity management and requests for access to sensitive information
- Adhere to high quality standards and best practices, high performance, and scalable, repeatable processes and deliverables in accordance with applicable regulations
- Vulnerability scanning and remediation
- Investigate and troubleshoot security-related events
- Participate in an on-call support rotation required
- Travel may be required, but less than 10%
- 3+ years in information security
- F5 APM, ASM and load balancer experience
- Prior experience in security alerting and incident response
- Experience with Vulnerability scanners such as Nexpose or Nessus
- Knowledge of security issues surrounding Linux, Windows, TCPIP, SMTP, HTTP and DNS (and other internet protocols)
- Experience in the operation of network and/or host-based IDS and SIEMs
- Experience troubleshooting network and systems
- Some experience in shell scripting or an administrative language such as Python/Perl/Ruby
- Understanding of network security protocols and encryption
- Ability to document actions and procedures
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Associate’s degree or higher in an IT discipline
- Experience with Splunk, Bro IDS, Evident.io or ThreatStack
- Experience with server virtualization and cloud infrastructure with a preference for vSphere and Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with AWS CLI
- Experience shipping a software product
- Previous game industry experience
- Certifications in one or more of the following: CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, CCSE, CEH, GCIA, GCFW, GCED or GSEC
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.