Division: MachineGames | Department: Programming |
Uppsala , SE
MachineGames is looking for an excellent Audio Programmer to join our team in Uppsala, Sweden.
- Develop functionality and tools specifically related to audio
- Identify and implement platform specific optimizations to relevant systems
- Writes clean, professional, and maintainable code
- Create quality, performance-minded code
- Be an active advocate for system features and tools that would improve the production process
- Work closely with audio director and sound designers to bring the vision of the game to life
- Excellent C++ skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent 3d math skills.
- Ability to find holes in and improve gameplay systems designs
- Excellent ability to work with others
- Good organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated team player with very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Passion for making GREAT games
Desired skills and pluses
- BS in Engineering, CS, Mathematics or comparable work experience
- Prior experience with idTech
- First person shooter experience
- Experience building detailed resource management systems
- Experience with middleware such as wwise is preferable
- Experience building efficient occlusion and obstruction systems
- Experience programming DSP
- A background in audio as well as programming preferred
- Ability to critically analyze audio and suggest ways to improve
- A strong understanding of gameplay requirements and how audio can tie into that.
- Knowledge in optimizing implemented audio
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.