Bethesda.net seeks an experienced Technical Writer to join our engineering team. Responsibilities include writing, editing, and maintaining technical documentation for integration patterns with RESTful API’s. The technical writer works closely with product owners, producers, engineers, and technical leads to manage priorities and gather the requisite information for development of high-quality, thorough technical documentation.
- Draft, edit, finalize, and publish documentation of software services offered by Bethesda.net.
- Work with software engineers and producers to document capabilities and integration for external customers.
- Work with platform engineers to document Bethesda.net infrastructure for internal customers.
- Maintain a consistent structure and voice across the documentation library.
- Work closely with development teams during grooming and planning to ensure new and existing features receive proper documentation.
- Use markdown to develop documents stored in GitHub and generated into a Hugo site.
- Focus documentation on task-oriented outcomes, such as, “How do I authenticate a player?”
- Provide guidance to producers and product owners on documentation priorities.
- Proactively plan documentation priorities across several teams.
- Proactively solicit engineer, producer, and product owner input on documentation.
- Proactively solicit documentation feedback from end users.
- 5+ years of software technical writing experience.
- Proven ability to develop documentation in an Agile, SCRUM, or other dynamic work environment.
- Proven efficiency in delivering accurate technical documents within time constraints.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience working with multiple teams concurrently.
- Proven ability to design and write technical documentation targeted to a software engineering audience.
- Excellent written and oral communication and organizational skills, with the ability to distinguish technical language.
- Experience working in GitHub.
- Experience with Visual Studio Code.
- Experience with markdown formatting and Hugo site generation.
- Experience with the Microsoft Style Guide.
- Knowledge of software development.
- Experience working in Agile, SCRUM, or other dynamic work environments.
- Experience working with multiple teams focused on different software products.
- Experience with developing documentation for both internal and external audiences.
- Experience with Confluence.
- Experience creating various types of workflow diagrams.
- A passion for gaming.
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.