Division: ZeniMax Online Studios | Department: Art |
Hunt Valley , MD, US
ZeniMax Online is looking for a highly motivated Senior Animator to collaborate with our talented team of creative professionals bringing the creatures and characters of our worlds to life. Our teams are empowered to create, challenged to learn, and encouraged to lead. Harness your passion and creativity to develop genre-defining gameplay and interactive storytelling.
- Bring fantasy and realistic creatures and characters to life with high-quality animation
- Collaborate with design and engineering and define new gameplay mechanics
- Contribute to the creative process with original ideas and inspiration that will shape the players' experience
- Provide artistic vision to gameplay and in-game storytelling
- Work directly with the character team to develop character and creature models with believable proportions and help define rigging, and other animation considerations.
- Autonomous problem-solving in a dynamic environment
- Have 5+ years of professional experience as an animator
- Experience developing new gameplay mechanics from the ground up
- Show ability to combine acting and action to bring personality and appeal to characters and monsters alike
- Can demonstrate an understanding of animation pipelines and standard industry processes
- Possess technical knowledge/abilities with respect to the implementation of animation into a game engine
- Shows a strong understanding of fundamental animation principles and the ability to clearly communicate those ideas to others
- Come from a background with experience collaborating across all disciplines
- Must show an aptitude for learning new systems quickly
- Have a minimum of BFA with a major in Animation or equivalent experience, additional related education a plus
- Have extensive knowledge of 3D Studio Max, Maya or Motion Builder
Desired Skills (Optional):
- Experience with motion capture and realistic human performance
- Training or experience with acting or combat
- Excellent drawing or related traditional art skills demonstrated in a portfolio
- Have a deep understanding of anatomy and human kinetics, demonstrated through a working knowledge of martial arts, dance, or related experience
Portfolio: Please include links to your work and clearly indicate your contributions. Resumes without work samples will not be considered.
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.