2D Character Concept Artist
Division: MachineGames | Department: Art |
Uppsala , SE
Senior Character Concept Artist
MachineGames is seeking an experienced Senior character concept artist that has experience with creating a diverse visual range of characters, environments, architecture, and related game assets. A solid grasp of form, structure, color, and light for 2D art assets is essential. Our studio is located in Uppsala, Sweden.
- Create the look of the game by working with the Creative Director to establish a consistent visual direction for mood, environments, characters, weapons, etc. by creating inspiring concept art that focuses on dynamic visual elements that maintain accurate scale, established architectural standards and character/creature anatomy that will be used to create in game content.
- Produce work in an efficient and timely manner, on schedule
- Work closely with colleagues to foster a highly communicative, coordinated team effort
- Ensure quality of related assets by maintaining responsibility over your work throughout the project's development
- Min 7 years experience as concept artist or similar
- Excellent traditional artistic skills with a strong grasp of composition, anatomy, color theory, perspective, lighting, environment, architectural, creature/character, costume and graphic design
- Proficiency in life drawing (drawing from life and reference) as well as a strong imagination and a willingness to push the envelope, to innovate within the parameters of the game's world.
- Strong communication, excellent visual storytelling and written skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills-able to interact with team members of different disciplines.
- Good positive attitude and outlook, self-motivated, and a great team-player
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.