Arkane Studios' iconic brands such as Dishonored®, Dishonored 2® and Prey® have become staples of popular culture for generations of gamers. We are also proud to announce our newest upcoming title, "Deathloop" - an innovative take on first-person action!
Our company provides technical, design and artistic leadership as a world-renowned game developer and technology innovator since its founding in 1999. Our studio is professional with a relaxed working atmosphere located in Lyon town center. We offer a very attractive and comprehensive benefits package, including core hours and flex hours, private medical insurance covering family members, sports program, transport titles, onboarding program, and much more!
As a member of the Art team, you will be responsible for the composition and graphic quality of a game environment. You will work as part of a team to design game levels that correspond to the graphic, technical and gameplay quality standards for which the studio is known.
Reporting to the Lead & Director of Level Art, you will work closely with level designers who will provide the game's intentions, and environment artists who will create the final 3D models and materials.
- Propose ideas and visual references for game locations
- Conceptualize 3D architectures and transform them into module kits
- Assembling and detailing game environments with provided 3D content
- Optimize and debug the game environments
- Respect artistic, technical and gameplay constraints
- Experienced in real time environments creation.
- Artistic sensibility in general and more specifically for architecture, urbanism, lighting, and image composition
- Good knowledge of a 3D software (preferably Maya or Blender) and of a game editor (Unreal, Source, etc.)
- Ability to anticipate and respond to the needs of other teams (especially level design)
- Ability to work in a team and good written and oral communication (French/English)
- Self-motivated, proactive, and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.