Bilingual Customer Service Agent - Japanese
We are hiring a Bilingual Customer Service Agent to help our Japanese players with speed, expertise, courtesy, and enthusiasm! This includes a wide variety of gameplay needs, technical advice, account & billing requests, product information, and social networking. Successful candidates will typically have a passion for gaming, computer savvy, analytical thinking skills, positive attitude, and Native-level Japanese fluency to communicate with customers.
- Creating and translating content for our Japanese product knowledge base / FAQs
- Handle customer help requests for our products and services:
- Help with product information, account & billing requests, technical help, gameplay help
- Help with social networks
- Maintain a working knowledge of our products and services
- Standard console (mostly PlayStation / Xbox) products and PC products
- Mobile games
- Multiplayer online games
- Interact with our customers in all of our Japanese gaming environments to promote customer satisfaction
- Native-level fluency for Japanese language; Business-level fluency in English
- Knowledge of culture and business in Japan
- Customer service experience
- Strong customer service ethic
- Enthusiastic, positive, and professional attitude in all interactions
- Experience with contact center environments
- Ability to work flexible shifts (including some nights, weekends, holidays when products require it)
- Self-starter who works well alone but also experience working within team
- Professional communications and documentation skills
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical, and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with computer hardware and consumer electronics for gaming
- Familiarity with computer operating systems (Microsoft Windows)
- Experience with productivity software (including Microsoft Office)
- Knowledge and passion for PC and Console games and online environments
- Previous customer service experience
- Knowledge and passion for multiplayer online games
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working within an international company
- Experience in entertainment software industry
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.