Bethesda Game Studios is seeking a qualified Server Engineer to help create and improve systems. Come join our experienced team of developers who have a legacy of creating AAA games. This is a terrific opportunity to work with some of the best people in the games industry.
The successful candidate will have expert knowledge of and experience in the design, implementation and continuing support of large scale client/server applications using primarily C++.
- Works with other engineers to architect and refine game systems (client-server networking optimization, integration with backend services, data authority management, game persistence, etc.)
- Works with designers, artists and other personnel involved in the development of products as required
- Test and refine code and systems throughout the development cycle of the project
- Writes clear, maintainable, portable code
- Accurately estimates their schedules and delivers high quality work products to that schedule
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Excellent C++ knowledge
- 5+ years professional software development experience writing client-server and/or peer-to-peer game applications
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Expertise with network programming and optimization
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability
- A passion for gaming and a working knowledge of products
- Experience with testing frameworks
- Experience optimizing code for memory and CPU utilization
- Strong familiarity with Bethesda Game Studios games
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.