Community Manager, Japan
Division: ZeniMax Asia | Department: |
Tokyo , JP
Community Manager, Japan
Come join Bethesda’s Community Management team, and be the liaison between the company’s Japan business and the headquarters in the US (Rockville, MD). In this role, you will build Japan-specific strategies, including but not limited to social media engagement plans, campaign efforts, and community outreach tailored to the Japan audience. This is an exciting opportunity where you get to be the Bethesda ambassador to the Japan audience, representing such highly-recognized games as Fallout 76, and Blades, This role reports to company’s Community Lead (based in Rockville) and work closely with Bethesda’s Communications team (Community/Marketing/PR). You will also work closely with other members of the publishing team in Tokyo.
- Develop a pre- and post-launch community development strategy for Japan that fosters audience growth and retention through tactics including content production, social media engagement, influencer outreach, and more.
- Become a recognizable, vocal representative for Bethesda within the gaming community in Japan.
- Build relationships with the Communication teams at the headquarters, and work closely with the Community Lead to ensure successful execution of global efforts in the Japan market.
- Help develop KPIs for the Japan-specific efforts for social media and community engagement.
- Participate in the development of community assets such as game videos, social media content, podcasts, developer interviews, product updates.
- Work closely with the outsourced QA vendor (located in Japan) in addressing issues reported by gamers.
- Process community feedback and help conduct private and public tests, as appropriate
- Contribute to community reports including player reactions, metrics, and research.
- Represent the brand and studios at trade shows, exhibitions, and other external industry events.
- Build a rapport with other members of the Community team, and stay informed of what is happening across the team.
Key Requirements :
- Native level fluency in Japanese, and business level proficiency in English.
- 3+ years’ experience with community management, or other relevant fields such as Marketing or PR
- Strong understanding of popular social networking tools and trends.
- Drive to innovate community practices and bring community management to the next level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated initiative and positive spirit in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with privileged information.
- Ability to work well with others and handle a high-pressure environment.
- Passion for Bethesda titles or other “ 洋ゲー ” (Western titles) played on PC, console, and mobile devices.
- Proven history of maintaining and developing an online gaming community.
- Familiarity with the latest technologies/techniques used in building & maintaining successful gaming communities.
- Public speaking and live broadcast/stream experience.
- Experience with photo/video/podcasting editing.
- Previous experience working with a game development project in any role, including but not limited to game design, production, QA, etc.
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.