Bethesda Game Studios is looking for a talented VFX Artist with a strong video game background to join our team that is pushing the bleeding-edge of RPG development for PC and consoles. You will work closely with the project Producer, project Leads as well as the Art Director to ensure aesthetics quality is kept at the highest-level throughout all the art assets produced and throughout the product.
- Designing and producing a variety of high quality art assets, consisting in majority of VFX (this includes animation and simulations of particles, volume fluid FX, liquids, and natural and non-natural environmental FXs);
- Working with Supervisors and Leads to determine the assets/VFX needed for the project;
- Coordinating the art work, managing priorities;
- Working with other disciplines to develop various VFX and finding solutions needed to create the desired effects;
- Incorporating art assets into the pipeline;
- Collaborating with graphic programmers to develop next-generation graphic features;
- You may also be asked to do 3D model optimization, UV unwrap optimization, texture up-res.
- Passion for Bethesda Game Studios’ games;
- Degree in 3D Art or Fine Arts;
- 7+ years of experience in the gaming industry;
- At least 1 published game, preferably on PC, X360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4;
- Good understanding of the production pipeline;
- Strong technical and problem solving skills;
- Keen artistic eye;
- Knowledge of 3DSMax;
- Understanding of natural phenomena and physical dynamics;
- Knowledge of good composition and artistic timing;
- Able to take direction, collaborate, and be a team player;
- Good leadership abilities;
- Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development;
- Strong communication and organizational skills;
- Must work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks;
- Passion for making GREAT games!
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.