Bethesda Game Studio® is looking for a talented Environment Artist to join our team and push the bleeding-edge in creating AAA games for PC and next-generation console systems. The ideal candidate will be skillful in organic and hard surface modeling and have a strong artistic eye. Furthermore, the artist should be comfortable with a technical pipeline involving different tools and an inhouse engine. The candidate must be passionate about contributing to the creation of video game experiences beyond simply asset creation.
- Create environment assets and props based on an established art direction, this being supported by the use of references or concept art (modeling, UV, texturing, basic animation and integration);
- Responsible for creating assets that follow proper technical guidelines and optimize them when required;
- Responsible for creating assets that both empower gameplay and are visually appealing;
- Collaborate with designers and other art disciplines to build environments and assets that meet expectations.
- Contribute to the overall game experience through play testing and providing productive feedback.
- Passion for Bethesda Game Studios’ games;
- 3+ years’ similar experience in the video game industry;
- Deep knowledge of 3DsMax;
- Knowledge of other programs such as Maya, Z-Brush, World machine, and Substance Painter is strongly recommended;
- Good handling and experience of at least one game editor such as Unreal, CryEngine, Unity etc;
- Artistic understanding of mechanical design, color balance and composition;
- Skilled in modeling, texturing and basic animation;
- Self-motivated, able to take feedback and criticism and properly reflect comments in work;
- Excellent team player with a collaborative/cooperative attitude, strong communication skills, and open to an iterative process;
- Candidates mustsubmit an online portfolio.
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.